Applying for Scholarship Assistance
Lightning Soccer Club (LSC) is a non-profit 501(c)3 community-based soccer organization. The LSC Board of Directors is committed to making the Lightning experience broadly available to qualified, committed soccer players who wish to participate. The Board of Directors fund raise and collect donations for the Bobby Clark Scholarship Fund, which enables the Scholarship Committee to review applications and grant awards. Because the Scholarship Committee receives many requests and has limited funding available, scholarships are granted to the most qualified applicants based on financial need and the player’s commitment to LSC.
In order to be considered for financial assistance, please complete and submit the following to LSC AFTER the player has been rostered on a team:
- Bobby Clark Scholarship Application
- Mail or email us a copy of your latest signed IRS 1040 Tax return
** Only pages 1 and 2 of your 1040 are required **
- In the case of split households, please submit tax returns for BOTH households
- You only need to submit one tax return for each soccer year. (Fall scholarship recipients do not need to resubmit tax returns for the following spring season.)
If emailing a copy, please email to: email@example.com
If mailing in a copy, please mail (USPS) to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 5059
Hanover, NH 03755
Online Player Registration in GotSoccer: Guidelines for Scholarship Applicants
- Tryout Registration: Scholarship applicants must complete and submit the online Tryout Registration form in the GotSoccer system (as we ask of everyone). You must also pay the $100 tryout fee (a LSC scholarship policy), which can be done online with a credit card, or pay by cash or check, by the tryout application deadline.
- Roster Acceptance: Scholarship applicants must also complete and submit the Player Acceptance form (to accept your player's roster position on a team) in the GotSoccer system (as we ask of everyone) by the deadlines.
NOTE: Do NOT submit an Acceptance Form until AFTER you have received your scholarship award with either a voucher code or an amended invoice in your player's GotSoccer account.
- Fall players: Fall season scholarship awards will be announced prior to the 1st registration deadline. Player accounts in GotSoccer will be amended to reflect the award amount/amount due, or LSC will email you a voucher code to use when you submit your Player Acceptance form. Again, this must be done by the registration deadline, or you will be subject to a late fee.
- Spring Only Players: As we ask of all spring only players, you must submit your Player Acceptance form and pay the $200 team roster deposit by the registration deadline, to avoid being assessed the late fee. Spring season scholarship awards will be announced in early December, just prior to the spring fee payment deadline. At this registration deadline, scholarship recipients' accounts in
GotSoccer will be amended to reflect the deposits already paid and the award amount/amount due. LSC
may instead email you a voucher code to use when you submit this registration form, which would also reflect the deposits paid and the award value. Again, this should be completed by the registration deadline (the same for everyone),
or you will be subject to a late fee.
- NOTE: If the scholarship award exceeds the amount you have already made in deposits for a player, LSC will issue you a refund check for this amount.
(Scholarship awards will be announced on July 9th. The Fall 2018 fee payment deadline is July 13, 2018)
(Scholarship awards will be announced by December 3th. The Spring 2018 fee payment deadline is December 7, 2018)