Upper Valley Attractions and Accommodations
There are numerous local chain hotels in the White River Junction, VT, Lebanon, NH and Hanover NH area, including:
- Hampton Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Comfort Inn
- Holiday Inn
- Fireside Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites
- Courtyard Marriott
- Residence Inn
- Days Inn
- Super 8
There are also several small inns and local B&Bs, including:
- Dowds' Country Inn (Lyme, NH) - The Dowds’ Country Inn is a 20 room bed & breakfast just 8 miles north of Hanover. Enjoy a full country breakfast and afternoon tea, included with every stay. Also the home of the Latham House Tavern, our 70 seat restaurant on-site. Join us today, we welcome your visit!
- Hanover Inn Dartmouth (Hanover, NH) – “Discover sophisticated New England style in Hanover, New Hampshire. The Hanover Inn Dartmouth boutique hotel is a world-class destination with over 225 years of history.”
- Norwich Inn (Norwich, VT) – This one of a kind, historic Vermont hotel dates back to 1797 when Dartmouth graduate, Jasper Murdock served his first guest. 39 guest rooms, each equipped with free high speed wireless internet access.
- Trumbull House Bed & Breakfast (Hanover, NH) – The Trumbull House is Hanover’s first and finest bed & breakfast. Family run since 1995, it is situated on 16 lovely acres and boasts beautiful grounds and glorious guest bedrooms.
- Butternut Lane Bed and Breakfast (Norwich, VT) – This spacious Federalist style yellow brick home rests on the bluff overlooking the Connecticut River which forms the boundary between Vermont and New Hampshire. The property consists of 38 acres which are used for forestry, organic produce, and growing flowers, all of which add to the appeal (and guests’ appetites) of the Butternut Lane Bed & Breakfast.
There are numerous local chain restaurants in the White River Junction, VT, Lebanon. NH and Hanover NH area, including:
- Burger King
- D’Angelo Grilled Sandwiches
- Pizza Hut
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- 99 Restaurant
- Lui Lui’s
- Margarita’s Mexican
- Panera Bread
- Koto’s Japanese Steakhouse
In addition, there are many independent restaurants, including:
Casual & Informal Dining:
- Murphy’s on the Green (Hanover, NH) – Murphy’s is a staple in the Upper Valley community, offering delicious American cuisine and pub favorites in a sophisticated setting.
- Dirt Cowboy Café (Hanover, NH) – The Dirt Cowboy Café has been serving freshly roasted and individually brewed coffees to the Hanover community since 1993 and has been voted the “Best Gourmet Coffee Shop” in the region for 8 consecutive years.
- Salt Hill Pub (Hanover, NH and Lebanon, NH) – Salt Hill Pub is a neighborhood eatery and gathering place for friends and family, proudly owned by brothers Joe and Josh Tuohy.
- Seven Barrel Brewery (Lebanon, NH) – The Seven Barrel Brewery offers a variety of finely crafted microbrews, a full bar service, and American-style pub fare.
- Jasper Murdock’s Alehouse at the Norwich Inn (Norwich, VT) – Jasper Murdock’s Alehouse offers an extensive and diverse menu. A number of items include ingredients from Jasper Murdock Ales made on site.
- Molly’s Restaurant and Bar (Hanover, NH) – At Molly’s, guests enjoy thin crust pizzas and entrees cooked in a wood-fired brick oven, pasta dishes, the best burgers in the Upper Valley, fresh salads, wonderful finger food and appetizers, and homemade desserts.
- Pine Restaurant at the Hanover Inn (Hanover, NH) – Located across from the Dartmouth Green, Pine is an American restaurant incorporating a farm-to-table philosophy, utilizing the bounty of ingredients available in and around New England.
- Thai Orchid (Hanover, NH) – The Thai Orchid offers authentic Thai food using the freshest vegetables, meats, and spices possible. The restaurant offers a pleasant atmosphere and courteous service.
- Canoe Club (Hanover, NH) – The Canoe Club was launched with the goal of providing a stylish gathering spot for the Upper Valley. The restaurant offers fresh local and regional food and beverage within a broad price range, complemented by distinctive, yet unobtrusive entertainment.
- Stella's (Lyme, NH) -- Stella's Italian Kitchen and Market offers fresh and traditional Italian fare made with local ingredients. Located in Lyme, NH the restaurant has a warm environment and is a favorite spot for locals.
- King Arthur Flour (Norwich, VT) – Discover the flagship campus in Norwich, Vermont. Come visit the Baker’s Store; take a class at the state-of-the-art Baking Education Center; and watch the bakers at work in the busy bakery. Plus, enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, or simply a pastry and coffee at their popular café.
- Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge (Cornish, NH/Windsor, VT) – The Cornish-Windsor Covered Bridge is one of the longest and oldest standing covered bridges in the United States.
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site (Cornish, NH) – Discover the home, studios, and gardens of Augustus Saint-Gaudens, one of America’s greatest sculptors. See over 100 of his artworks in the galleries and on the grounds, from heroic public monuments to expressive portrait reliefs, and the gold coins which changed the look of American coinage.
- Hood Museum of Art (Hanover, NH) – The Hood Museum of Art is, above all, a teaching museum that cultivates direct engagement with works of art within an interdisciplinary setting for visitors of all ages.
- North Star Canoe & Kayak Rentals (Cornish, NH) – North Star Livery is a family owned and operated canoe and kayak rental business on the Connecticut River in Cornish, New Hampshire. The Connecticut River offers the canoeist and kayaker a peaceful journey into our New England past. Islands along the way offer wonderful opportunities for picnics, swimming, and just plain relaxing. Fishermen will find excellent opportunities for bass, pike and trout.
- Norwich Farmers Market (Norwich, VT) – The Norwich Farmers Market offers the very finest in homegrown and homemade products the Upper Valley has to offer. Our farm vendors offer their own fresh fruits and vegetables, cheeses, meat, eggs, honey and maple syrup, fiber products, and an abundance of garden starts and plants. Open May-October, 9am – 1pm.
- Simon Pearce (Quechee, VT) – Simon Pearce designs stylish and elegant glassware, tableware, lighting, and home décor all handcrafted by American artisans. Watch glassblowers at work in the original Simon Pearce workshop savor a locally sourced meal in their riverfront restaurant, and visit the retail store.
- Quechee State Park and Gorge (Quechee, VT) – Hundreds of thousands of visitors stop each year to take in the breathtaking views of the Quechee Gorge. Other visitors seeking an overnight stay enjoy the easy access to the park’s spacious campsites.
- Montshire Museum (Norwich, VT) – The Montshire Museum of Science is a hands-on children’s museum with more than 140 exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology.
- Dan & Whit’s General Store (Norwich, VT) – Dan & Whit’s is a true Vermont General Store. Shelves are stocked with everything from seasonal items and groceries to hardware and Vermont products.
- Orozco Murals (Hanover, NH) -- Located in the basement of Dartmouth's Baker Library, Mexican muralist José Clemente Orozco's "The Epic of American Civilization" is a 24-panel fresco that depicts the history and culture of North and South America. The Mural is one of Orozco's finest works, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 2013.